Fast and Love



"Everyone in this world is a sinner; none of us are perfect. We all have flaws, scars, heartbreak, and some of us are total majnoon. But the Almighty is all-forgiving and merciful. When we ask, the Almighty provides. Nobody has ever returned empty-handed from His doors.

The guardian of the tree eventually started loving the tree. He used to water its roots, care for its leaves, and every day he would tell tales about life and experiences he had, some from the battlefield, some from his own past life, friends, family, and many more.

The tree was unaware that the guardian of the tree was in love with her. One fine day, while the guardian was observing a fast, he gained the confidence to express his feelings. He slowly started expressing what he thought about the leaves and branches, and at the end, he stated he wanted to guard the tree for eternity.

The tree was not surprised because it had sensed this before. Love has a special quality; the recipient often feels it right away. However, the tree dropped the ripe fruits from its branches and said, "I don't think I feel the same way. I am what I am. I offer you shade and fruits; just accept them and live in the moment because you are alive."



I said nothing, but deep inside, I was telling myself one thing: my words and my sword are in order. I will not change, nor will warriors turn their backs on their masters. I will be there even if the tree has no leaves and is going through the tough, gloomy season of autumn.

Every passing day, the guardian of the tree observes the fast so the tree doesn't take any water to its roots. They talk whenever the guardian sits under its shadow. He wants to keep the tree safe, sound, special, and loved. The guardian has nothing in his defense but the words and letters he writes to his love.

The guardian never loses hope. His love for the tree is pure and true. The tears that flow whenever he bows down in front of his lord are a testament to his devotion. The guardian always prays that if the tree is in its favor (haqq), grant her to the guardian to live together for the rest of their lives.

But I feel the tree doubts the guardian. The guardian has been questioned directly or indirectly. However, there is nothing to doubt because the guardian and his vibes are real. The tree's fear is allowing the guardian to sit on its top to see the world, fearing betrayal in the future. But alas, she knows little because if the guardian has given his word, he sticks to it. His actions are loyal, and his words honest.

The month of forgiveness became the month of love, and this pure month is all about expressing love to the one supreme Lord as well as to the beloved.

- Fazil"

Comments

Popular Posts